21.12.11

TURTLE CLUSTERS

On my way back from Kelowna I left my purse at the Petro Can washroom in Falkland. I did not miss the purse until the following morning, and I just about lost my mind when I finally realized where my purse could be. The “Coach” purse, which was a gift from one of my daughters, had my entire life in it, my driver’s licence, bank cards, check book, credit cards, cell phone, digital camera and a very expensive camcorder!!! There are good people in this world, because after a frantic drive to Falkland I had my purse back with all of its contents. What can I say to loose some of the stuff so close to Christmas would have been a minor disaster? So… taking the photos of this sweet confection was doubly sweet.

TURTLE CLUSTERS
6 individually-wrapped caramels, unwrapped
cooking spray
1/4 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
1 Tbsp butter
2 cups pecan halves
2 1/2 cups pure baking chocolate, chopped
6 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp glycerine
whipping cream

• Preheat the oven to 350°.
• Place the pecans on a cookie sheet; toast for 10-15 minutes.
• Remove from oven and set them aside.
• Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
• In a Pyrex bowl, combine caramels, condensed milk, and butter.
• Microwave for 1 minute and stir.
• Microwave for 1 more minute and stir.
• Continue stirring until the caramels completely melt.
• Drop 1/2 tsp caramel on top of each pecan cluster.
• Freeze the trays for an hour or two.
• Pull the parchment paper with the off
• Melt the chocolate, butter, and glycerine in a double boiler.
• Add a little whipping cream, this makes it easier to spoon the chocolate.
• Line a tray with fresh parchment paper and lightly spray with Pam.
• Arrange the pecans in clusters of threes Count clusters and set aside.
• Spoon 1 tsp melted chocolate over each pecan clusters.
• Return tray to the freezer for 15 minutes.
• Remove the first tray from the freezer.
• Pull the pecan clusters off the paper and drop them in the chocolate.
• Repeat with the remaining candies.
• Spoon the remaining melted chocolate on the tops.
• Let the candies set for several hours. Makes 36 candies



Privacy & Cookies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use. To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here: Cookie Policy

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for the family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized the recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on "ZSUZSA'S COOKBOOK". From there click on any of the chapters to access the recipes. For the archive just scroll to the bottom of the page. I am not profiting from my blog, so visitors are not harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. The recipes are not broken up with photos at every step. Where needed the photos are placed following the recipe. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!