3 Tbsp olive oil
2 mild Italian pork sausages, chopped
1/2 onion, diced
1 carrot, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup canned tomatoes, chopped
1 can of small navy beans, drained and rinsed
1 garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup small penne noodles
1 pinch dried sage
1 pinch dried rosemary
1 pinch dried thyme
1 pinch dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste
• In a large non-stick fry pan sauté the sausages in olive oil until well browned.
• Add the diced onion, chopped carrots, and the celery.
• Place a lid on the fry pan.
• Cook until vegetables have a vibrant color.
• Meanwhile place the chicken stock in a soup pot and begin to heat.
• Add the sausage and vegetable mix to the pot.
• Add the canned tomatoes, garlic and bay leaf to the chicken stock.
• Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
• Meanwhile in a separate pot bring water to boil and add the penne noodles.
• Cook noodles for 6 minutes only.
• Drain the penne noodles and stir into the simmering soup.
• Add the cooked and rinsed beans.
• Add the herbs and season with salt and ground pepper to taste.
• Simmer soup for 4 minutes and then serve.