1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
salt to taste
3 carrots, chopped
1/2 celery root, chopped
1 cup wax beans, chopped
2 parsnips, chopped
2 sprigs of celery leaves
1/4 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 heaping Tbsp flour
4 cups of COLD water
• Heat the olive oil in a large pot.
• Turn heat down to medium and add the chopped onions. and the garlic.
• Sprinkle with the salt and sauté until transparent.
• Start adding the chopped vegetables, lightly salting them as you add them to the pot.
• Gently stir after each addition.
• Sauté until the vegetables soften, but not mushy.
• The salt and the sweat from the vegetables should provide enough moisture, but if you are concerned about browning, turn down the heat and add a few tablespoons of water.
• Add the flour and the Hungarian paprika and stir.
• Add the cold water. Not hot, because you want the flavours in the soup.
• Bring it up to a very slow simmer.
• Maintain the slow simmer; do not let the soup come to a full boil. Do not cover pot.
• Cook until the vegetables are tender.
• Adjust the salt and add the ground pepper and the freshly chopped parsley and serve.